Welcome to the whirlwind that I call my life!
I figured now that I have moved from Texas to Atlanta...aka from the comforts of home, friends, and family to a city in which I know not a soul...I would give the blogging thing a try again. I do believe this is going to be my 3rd attempt at a blog. The first attempt in college never worked because a statement that I made about my oh-so-horrible potluck roommate situation. The blog was stalked by her boyfriend and sent to the Dean, and from there we had to make sure that I was not "hostile to the living environment...oh drama! The second, and most recent attempt, was when I started to train for a half-marathon, but the disease I have, called procrastination, prevented it from ever needing updating after the first training run.
Now, onto the present...
I recently left teaching 1st grade to return to my first and primary passion, a field called child life. I left my hometown, family, and newly bought house to pursue my hearts desire to work with children with cancer and blood disorders. This change brought me to Atlanta, Ga where I will be working at a major children's hospital, hopefully helping children and their families cope with their illness.
I hope that through this blog I am able to keep everyone updated on my new adventure and all the experiences that I encounter along the way. I am sure that some will be very entertaining at my own expense as I attempt to make new friends, have some resemblance of a dating life, and keep the dog from inhaling too many pairs of underwear in our new place!
I love you all and can't wait to share with you...at least all .5 of you that may actually read this!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment